To all of my oily skin sisters – I got you. I understand what it’s like to have an oily T-Zone…some days it feels like you could whip up a fried egg with all that grease! But not any more! I have found five amazing products to keep my oily skin at bay.
- Cover FX Custom Blot Drops – Its a gel consistency, and kind of feels like a watery primer. You can use it under or over your foundation. It basically keeps your skin matte. My favorite way to use it us just after I apply moisturizer, I apply the blot drops – then my foundation on top. I find it keeps my foundation and face shine free all day and you only need a pea size amount to do the job!
- MAC Pressed Blot Powder – My shade is in “medium-dark.” I find it to be more of a translucent finish on the skin. This powder does wonders for oily skin! I just dust some on top of my foundation and it instantly mattifies my face. I find it also keeps my foundation on longer too. I use this in place of other powders. A little goes a long way!
- Gerard Cosmetics Slay All Day Setting Spray – Mine is in the scent “peach.” And yes, it truly does smell like peaches. I call it “hairspray for the face.” I basically finish applying all of my makeup then I close my eyes and spritz this stuff all over my face. It is cooling and refreshing, and its like smelling fuzzy peaches! It helps my makeup last longer, it sets my powders in place, and it’s just overall a pleasant thing to do once your done your makeup. You will love this scent. Just don’t be tempted to eat it…
- MAC Face and Body Foundation – Mine is in the shade “C2.” Basically that means it’s a “cooler” toned shade, and relatively neutral. I love this foundation! It is a new favorite for me and honestly, it’s absolutely beautiful. Not many people know about this foundation, and I feel like it does not get as much credit as it deserves. It is absolutely PERFECT for the summer time, when you want to look somewhat put together but do not want to have a full face of makeup. It is more light to medium coverage, with a satin/dewy finish. But wait! Do not be drawn away from the dewy look just because you are oily. Although you might be getting away from a greasy face, trust me on this – you want this in your life. It gives your skin a healthy glow (which is a great alternative to matte foundations) and it looks like your skin but better. It is long wearing , transfer resistant, and it does a great job at keeping my skin looking good. However, I DO set it with a powder, only on my forehead (or else it will look quite greasy after you apply it). My favorite way to apply it is with a beauty blender, although a lot of makeup artists prefer to use their fingers (yikes!) which is completely ok as long as they are clean. Some MUA’s think it blends better into the skin. If you are afraid of investing in it right away, go to your local MAC counter and get a sample. Give it a few days and experiment with different setting powders before you give up, trust me on this, it’s a stunning foundation and perfect for brides! I use it in my own makeup kit for my bridal clients.
- Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Foundation – Mine is in the shade “35.” I have gone through like three of these bottles over the years. It is a matte foundation, and more of a medium to full coverage. I use a beauty blender to apply this one too. It helps keep shine at bay and its great for special occasions! Just be aware that it is matte so if you want to add some life back into your skin, you will need to apply a liquid or powder highlight on your cheekbones to give you a glow again.
I hope this article helps you ladies! Leave a comment and let me know what your favorite products are for oily skin. I am always on the hunt to try new things! Stay in touch on my blog for more tips in the future. Click follow down below so you can get email notifications!